4 boneless pork chops, 1½ inch thick
8 strips bacon
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup fresh lime juice
1½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Wrap 2 strips of bacon around the outside edge of each pork chop, securing in several places with toothpicks.
2. Mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, cayenne pepper and garlic.
3. Reserve half of the mixture for basting and place half in a shallow baking dish.
4. Add pork to dish and turn to coat both sides.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning pork occasionally. (Marinate longer for more flavor.)
6. Remove from marinade, discard marinade, and place pork on grill over medium coals.
7. Cook for 12 to 16 minutes total, basting with reserved marinade several times, until pork is 160°F., as measured with an instant-read thermometer.
8. Serve with a large dollop of Spicy Mango-Basil Relish. Spicy Mango-Basil Relish: In a small bowl stir together mango, lime juice, basil and cayenne pepper.