1 mango (about 1 pound), peeled, pitted and sliced
16 extra-large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
6 slices bacon, cut into thirds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1. Heat broiler or non-stick grill pan to high.
2. Halve mango slices and place one piece inside curve of shrimp.
3. Tightly wrap shrimp and mango with bacon piece, and secure through skewer, repeat with three more shrimp.
4. Repeat process with remaining shrimp and skewers.
5. Brush shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Broil or grill until bacon is crisp and shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Suggestion: Add fresh jalapeño slices to mango and shrimp before wrapping with bacon.
Nutrition Information: Each serving (1 bacon wrapped mango shrimp) contains 61 calories, 5 g carbohydrate (2% Daily Value), 1 g fiber (2% Daily Value), 5 g protein (10% Daily Value), 2.5 g fat (4% Daily Value), 1 g saturated fat (4% Daily Value), 40 mg cholesterol (13% Daily Value), 222 mg sodium (9% Daily Value), and 97 mg potassium (3% Daily Value), 10 mg vitamin C (17% Daily Value), 417 IU vitamin A (8% Daily Value), 19 mg calcium (2% Daily Value), 1 mg iron (1% Daily Value).