TANGY MANGO SAUCE
1 large ripe mango, peeled and pitted
2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 pound large raw tail on shrimp, peeled and deveined
⅓ cup honey
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons hot chili oil
2 cups flaked coconut
1. Puree mango, vinegar, honey and ginger in a blender or food processor; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Rinse shrimp and pat very dry between paper towels.
4. In a medium bowl stir together honey, soy sauce and chili oil.
5. Dip shrimp in mixture then roll in coconut, pressing so that it sticks to the shrimp; place on baking sheet and sprinkle with some of the excess coconut.
6. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp is firm and coconut is golden brown.
7. Carefully remove from baking sheet with a spatula to a platter.
Serve mango sauce on the side for dipping.
Makes 4 main dish or 8 appetizer servings.
231 calories (28% calories from fat), 7g total fat, 86mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 30g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 12g protein