2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 dried ancho/pasilla chile pepper, stemmed and seeded
4 burrito size flour tortillas
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
¼ cup minced red bell pepper
¼ cup sliced green onions
1 large mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
⅓ cup chopped red bell pepper
¼ cup minced red onion
½ tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
½ tablespoon lime juice
pinch or dash salt
1. Cook chicken on a lightly oiled grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
2. Let cool slightly and cut into bite size strips.
3. Puree the tomato sauce and dried pepper in a blender or food processor.
4. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
5. Add grilled chicken to pan and toss well to coat; season to taste with salt. Place flour tortillas on a flat surface.
6. Top half of each tortilla with equal amounts of cheese, mango, bell pepper, green onion and chicken; fold over tortilla.
7. Cook in a large skillet on both sides until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp, about 5 minutes on each side.
1. In a small bowl, stir together mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
2. Serve alongside quesadillas
Nutritional analysis per entrée serving: Calories 570; Protein 41 g; Carbohydrates 57 g; Fat 20 g; 31% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 95 mg; Sodium 1149 mg; Potassium 812 mg; Fiber 5 g Nutritional analysis per appetizer serving: Calories 285; Protein 21 g; Carbohydrates 28 g; Fat 10 g; 31% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 48 mg; Sodium 575 mg; Potassium 406 mg; Fiber 3 g